Environments Work Product Set
The environments set is the cohesive set of work products
that may be produced during the
The following environments engineering documents are typically produced during the
environments engineering activity:
- Project Environments Description Document,
which is the deliverable document that formally describes each of the environments
that will be produced and possibly delivered during a project.
- Product Selection Report,
which is a document used to report the results of commercial product and vendor
evaluation, comparison, and selection.
An environment is an integrated logical or physical set of hardware components and
supporting software and data components that is used the execute applications.
Typically, the following environments may be produced during the environments engineering activity:
- Management Environment,
which is any environment that is primarily used by a management team during the management of a
center or endeavor.
- Development Environments,
which is any environment that is primarily used by an endeavor team during the
production of one or more applications and their associated work products:
- Production Environments,
which is any environment that is primarily used to execute one or more deployed
- Client Environment,
which is any environment that is directly used by the user organization(s) to access
- Contact Center Environment,
which is any environment that is deployed in one or more contact center(s) and that is
used by the support organization to provide techical support to members of the
customer and user organization(s).
- Content Management Environment,
which is any environment that is used by the content management team to perform content
- Data Center Environment,
which is any environment that is deployed in one or more data center(s) to
provide server support for the execution of applications.
- The above environments may be logical, physical, or both.
- The same physical environment may actually implement multiple logical environments.
- Different endeavors require different processes, which in turn will require different
environments work products.
- Every endeavor does not require the production of every environments work product.
- Select only those environments work products that are appropriate for the endeavor.
- Selected environments work products should be: